Find answers to common questions about the 2023 commencement events below.
What date will my commencement take place?
The President will preside over ceremonies for each school on the following days:
Sunday, May 28
- 8:30 a.m. – Medicine
- 1:30 p.m. – Pharmacy
- 5 p.m. – Dentistry
Friday, June 9
- 1 p.m. – School of Public Health
- 4 p.m. – San Manuel Gateway College
Sunday, June 11
- 8 a.m. – Allied Health Professions – Allied Health Programs
- 10:30 a.m. – Allied Health Professions – Occupational Therapy, Orthotics & Prosthetics, Physical Therapy
- 1:30 p.m. – Behavioral Health and Religion
- 3:30 p.m. – Nursing – Summer 2022, Autumn 2022, and Winter 2023
- 6 p.m. – Nursing – Spring 2023
May ceremonies will take place on the Campus Mall; June ceremonies will take place at the Drayson Center.
What are baccalaureates?
Baccalaureates are University religious services around commencement. At Loma Linda University, these services are designed for people of all faiths, as we celebrate the commitment and accomplishments of our graduates. Your family and friends are invited to attend this inspirational service. Graduates are invited to participate and march with their graduating class, wearing full academic regalia.
This year’s baccalaureate services will take place as follows:
Saturday, May 27
- 9 a.m. – Medicine
- 11:45 a.m. – Dentistry and Pharmacy
Saturday, June 10
- 11:45 a.m. – Allied Health Professions, Behavioral Health, Nursing, Public Health, Religion, San Manuel Gateway College
What is the expected dress attire?
We will continue to uphold the same dress code for all participating graduates: business casual, long pants, collared shirts (no t-shirts), no flip-flops; ties optional.
Can I decorate my regalia?
We will continue to uphold the same guidelines as in past year, in alignment with LLU’s principles and mission.
- Robes & Hoods: no altering, modifying embellishing or decorating
- Cords/Stoles/Sashes/Medallions: as issued, approved, and managed by the schools
- Leis: no food leis at commencement ceremonies; no flower leis (no exceptions) at baccalaureates
- Mortarboards: this is regulated by the schools, and they will communicate with their graduates directly
Will I have a photo receiving my diploma?
Yes, a professional photographer has been contracted to take the official photo of each graduate receiving their diploma; the photo will include the Dean and the President, with the graduate in the middle. Photos will be available shortly after commencement season on our website; access is login/password protected. Schools will notify their graduates when videos and photos are available for viewing and downloading.
Will there be a video of the ceremony?
Yes, the University will produce a video of each school’s commencement, and the final edited video will be uploaded to the commencement website for viewing and downloading. The school will communicate with each graduate when the video has been uploaded.
What if my family member misses watching my ceremony live?
Immediate play-back of each ceremony will be available as raw footage, accessing the menu on the right at “Graduation Schedule”. A final and completed edited video will be available shortly after commencement season, along with the official photo of you with your diploma, the Dean and the President.