The University initiated a formal program review process in spring 2009. Most programs without professional, external accreditation were reviewed first and will continue to be reviewed on a five-year cycle. Initiation of programs with professional, external accreditation began this fall and will coincide with external accreditation cycles.
Program Review Process Tracks
- WSCUC-Only: Programs that do not have professional or external accreditation.
REMINDER: All programs that do not have professional or external accreditation are required to complete their program review process by August 15, 2022. Click here to read more.
- WSCUC-Plus: Programs that have professional, discipline-specific accreditation.
Program Review Cycle
- WSCUC-Only: Six-year cycle - the next cycle is from 2022-2027.
- WSCUC-Plus: These programs will follow their professional accreditation cycle and program review materials.
The following materials are provided to programs during the review process.
Program Review Guides and Resources
Program Review Guide (PDF) Updated 9/13/2022
Program Review Guide for Small Programs (PDF) Updated 5/4/2022
Program Review Recommendations for New Programs (PDF) Posted 8/11/2022
Navigation Links Added
- LLU Program Review Highlights (PDF)
- Planning and Conducting Remote Reviews (PDF)
- WSCUC-Only or WSCUC-Plus? (PDF)
Compares and contrasts the two categories of programs and what is required for each.
- Guidelines for Program Review Site Visit and External Review Report (PDF)
Can be sent to program site team members.
- Action Plan Sample (PDF)
WSCUC-Only and WSCUC-Plus
- Action Plan in AMS
- AMS Online Program Review Tool
- How to Finalize Document Presentation
- Guidelines for Academic (Program) Definitions (PDF)
This is particularly important when developing new programs.
- Program Assessment Plan Information and Resources
Note: The Program Review Committee and the Digital Education Committee have developed the PR process for online programs. The full process is required for online programs plus some areas that are unique to the delivery modality. If you have questions contact email@example.com.