Who Can Study in the U.S.

The federal Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) outlines which Non-U.S. Citizens and Non-U.S. Permanent Residents can study in the U.S. Most students apply for F-1 (student) or J-1 (exchange visitor) status to become eligible to study at LLU.

Downloadable Resource

Applying to Study in the U.S.

The document that proves your eligibility status is the Form I-20, also called the “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status.” LLU’s office of International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) will help you through this process to obtain your F-1 or J-1 visa.

Downloadable Resources

Coming to LLU

We’re in beautiful Loma Linda, California, about 60 miles east of Los Angeles. As welcoming as we find this community, relocating to a new country is challenging. We’re here to help you find housing, learn about U.S. currency and help make your transition as comfortable as possible.

Downloadable Resources

Becoming an LLU Student

If you’re accepted as an LLU student, we’ll help you through every step. From the documents you’ll need to getting settled here, our friendly and experienced International Student & Scholar Services staff will be a consistent point of contact.

Downloadable Resources

Answer Your Calling Here