Course Eligibility

  • To be eligible to take courses, you must be a high school graduate or have the appropriate previous college courses required.
  • High school students may register for selected lower division courses if they meet the following requirements:
    • A letter must be provided from the student’s school academic office authorizing the student to take college course(s).
    • A letter must be provided from the parent of the student authorizing the student to take the selected college course(s).
    • Student must have Senior status with a GPA of 3.0 in science and 3.0 overall.
    • The LLU course is available for high school seniors.
    • The transcript will be noted as “concurrent high school enrollment.”
  • If you have junior-level standing, you are eligible to take 300-level and 400-level courses.
  • If you have completed a baccalaureate degree, you are eligible to take 500-level and above.
  • Non-degree students can take a maximum of 12 units prior to acceptance into a degree program. General education courses and undergraduate religion courses do not count toward the 12-unit maximum.

How to Apply and Register

  • Fill out a Non-Degree Student Application. Complete all sections and submit the form.
  • Processing begins about two weeks before registration opens for each term. Applications are processed in the order they are received.
  • Submit an Independent Study Plan if it is required for the course you want to take.
  • After your application is processed, you will receive an email from University Records with instructions to complete registration. Your course(s) will be added within the first week of registration if the application is submitted before the start of registration.
  • You are not registered until you have completed the final step: Finalize Registration (Financial Clearance) in your Registration Portal.

If you have any questions, please email University Records at or call 909-558-4508.

Employee Tuition Benefits