Experience STEM design thinking and innovation at the EXSEED Summer Conference! All participants will attend design thinking plenary sessions that will result in an EXSEED Micro-certificate in Design Thinking in STEM Education.
Through experiential learning activities participants will be fully immersed in design thinking and innovation. Participants will gain:
- A thorough understanding of the design thinking process
- Creative confidence to implement design thinking projects
- Critical thinking strategies to excel in STEM education
The EXSEED Summer Conference is returning to its successful in-person format, providing workshops and plenary sessions to impart effective and innovative teaching strategies.
Our 2023 EXSEED Conference is in person only.
- $100 registration fee (NON-REFUNDABLE)
- Hotel accommodation and meals (lunch and dinner) are provided. Breakfast is provided at the hotel.
- Registration is limited to 75
- EXSEED Conference Week, June 19-23, 2023: Participation in whole-conference activities and attend each day throughout the conference.
- School Year 2023-2024: You can earn either Loma Linda University academic credit (3) hours OR non-academic clock hours by completing a STEM/STREAMS project using the project-based learning approach with a mission focused learning lens. The course incorporates a blend of hands-on workshops, readings, and reflective discourse opportunities. All course and conference requirements must be completed by June 2, 2024 to receive credit or clock hours.
*Please note: iPads are no longer provided as part of conference attendance. Please bring your own device to use during sessions and workshops.
NOTE: Since registration is limited, it is very important that you let us know if you need to cancel your registration so we can open up the space to those who are on the waiting list.
** Breakfast is only provided at the hotel to conference attendees staying there
*The evening programming is subject to change. Please plan on required programming until 8 PM for these days.
|EXSEED provides & covers the cost of:||Attendee provides:||Pacific Union Conference offers:|
||$100.00 registration fee (non-refundable)
NOTE: Participants will have to pay for their travel to and from the EXSEED Conference at LLU.
|CEUs or completed clock hours*|
* For K-12 teachers & administrators whose residence is more than 30 mi. from Loma Linda, CA; participation for the full week is expected
**For K-12 teachers & administrators; participation for the full week is expected
|Who can apply?||Registration for the full conference is open to the following groups:
|Are there eligibility requirements?||Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Required qualifications to be accepted:
1) Teaching or other involvement in one or more of the following disciplines or integrated STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math.
2) Agreeing to participate in at least one EXSEED STEM school project in the coming school year.
|Is there an attendance requirement?||To fully benefit from the conference programming and resources, conference attendees are expected to attend the entire week.|
|How do I apply?||
|When is my $100.00 registration fee due?||You need to enter your payment information at the end of the registration.|
Plan Your Trip
June 19-23, 2023 at Loma Linda University
Getting to Campus
We look forward to your visit to the LLU campus in June! If you will be traveling by air, there are several airports serving Southern California. Each provides options for ground transportation to Loma Linda, CA.
|Local Airports||Distance to LLU||Ground Transportation|
|Ontario International Airport (ONT)||22 miles||List of options*|
|Palm Springs International Airport (PSP)||52 miles||Car rentals
|John Wayne International Airport (SNA)||55 miles||List of options|
|Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)||76 miles||List of options|
* Free transportation to/from the LLU campus will be provided by EXSEED for flights arriving to or departing from ONT during specific time frames only on June 18, 2023 (flights arriving between 2:00-10:00 PM PST only) and June 23, 2023 (flights departing between 3:00-8:00 PM PST only)
GET LLU CAMPUS MAP
Loma Linda University
Please review the check-in locations carefully. ------>
Full-week attendees, please review the note regarding family members ------>
|What to Wear||Don't freeze! Read this special note -------->||
We look forward to learning and working with you!