Cardiac Interventional (CI) and Vascular Interventional (VI) technologists work in a highly specialized field operating sophisticated imaging equipment. This technology provides detailed fluoroscopic images of the human body, assisting physicians with quality patient diagnosis and treatment.
The Cardiac and Vascular Imaging Program is a full-time, twelve-month certificate program that requires four quarters beginning in the autumn. During the program, students take formal coursework along with clinical instruction. There are no arrangements for part-time or evening status. The program’s load requires 40 hours per week, which includes didactic and clinical experiences. Clinical experience involves up to four eight-hour days per week. Classes require the student to be on campus. View the program brochure here.
Program Length4 quarters (12 months)
Possible CareersCardiac Interventional (CI) and Vascular Interventional (VI) technologist
|Quarter||Application Open||Priority Deadline||Final Deadline|
|Autumn of 2023||Jan 1, 2023||—||Jun 1, 2023|
- Current ARRT registry in radiation technology (RT)
- Current California (CRT) license
- Current BLS card with the American Heart Association
- A minimum G.P.A. of 2.5 maintained in all didactic and clinical course work.
- Venipuncture is highly recommended
- One year of professional experience in imaging is highly recommended
- Observation experience - A minimum of 12 hours of career observation in cardiac and/or vascular imaging is required. The career observation form is available as a download from the forms page on the Web site.
Discipline Accrediting AgencyLoma Linda University is regionally accredited by Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities.
Expected Cost of Attendance
Academic Year 2022-2023
|Year of Program:||Year 1|
|Books & Supplies||$800|
|Misc (e.g., Boards, Licensing exam, Uniforms)||—|
NotesThe cost of attendance varies from year to year. Please contact the office of Student Finance for up-to-date costs.
Estimated Living Expenses
Academic Year 2022-2023, off campus, with a roommate
|Year of Program:||Year 1|
|Room & Board||$19,980|
- Amounts are what a student can apply to borrow for the number of months shown in each academic year based on living off campus with a roommate and not with a relative.
- International students need to calculate 12 months of living expenses based on the numbers listed here.
- In general, to qualify for financial aid a student must be enrolled at least half time taking degree requirements. Half time is 6 units in a quarter for undergraduate programs and 4 units in a quarter for graduate programs.