The program leading to M.P.H. degree in health education and wellness coaching allows students to achieve the competencies necessary to promote health and wellness to individuals and communities alike. The integration of health education and wellness coaching courses will provide students with a combination of cutting-edge skills in health and wellness, health education, health coaching, and whole-person care.
Important Information Regarding Delivery of Online Education for certain states - https://home.llu.edu/education/office-of-provost/departments-and-divisions/educational-effectiveness/llu-distance-education/llu-state-authorization
Students who complete the curriculum may function as workplace wellness coordinators, health educators, and health coaches in a variety of public and private settings. They are academically prepared to conduct community assessments; design, implement, and evaluate health education interventions; organize health promotion efforts; and assist individuals and communities to better utilize techniques of health behavior change.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Transcripts from all universities attended
- Three letters of reference
- Official GRE scores (note: if your cumulative undergraduate GPA is a 3.2 or higher, the GRE requirement can be waived)
The following estimated cost of attendance is based on full-time attendance for the number of months enrolled per academic year. Estimated amounts may vary based on a number of factors. Students may use these estimates when applying for financial aid.
Required Program Costs
Academic Year 2024-2025
|Year of Program
|Tuition & Fees
Books, Materials, Supplies & Equipment Allowance
(May or may not be purchased through the school)
Other Educational Costs
Non-required costs that can be funded with scholarships/loans.
- Estimated amounts are for the academic year specified only. Amounts are based on full-time attendance for the number of months enrolled per academic year. International students need to calculate 12 months of living expenses based on these amounts.
- Amounts are expected to increase each year consistent with inflation in the professional education sector.
- To qualify for financial aid, most students must be enrolled at least half time in an aid eligible program and be taking degree requirements. Half time is 6 units in a quarter for undergraduate programs and 4 units in a quarter for graduate programs.