The BS degree prepares students for professional nursing in acute and community settings. Students in this program will gain hands-on learning throughout the program and guaranteed clinical placement across our seven partner facilities. First-hand experience in diversified health care settings and expert level simulation opportunities prepare students for a wide array of career opportunities. The School of Nursing may offer advanced placement for those with an LVN.
We also offer a completely online RN to BS track for students with an AS level RN license wanting to advance their career opportunities by obtaining a BS degree in Nursing. Tailored to working nurses, this program offers courses using web based modalities, instructors who are working in their field and flexible scheduling; this program is available for part-time study. (Admissions requirements and prerequisites for this track vary slightly)
Cohorts range in size from 56-60 students allowing for fully engaged learning and individual attention with highly skilled faculty. Robust academic support programs along with opportunities to participate in student leadership and global mission service contribute to the holistic educational experience.
|Quarter||Application Open||Priority Deadline||Final Deadline|
|Spring of 2024||Apr 4, 2023||—||Oct 1, 2023|
- Minimum college cumulative and prerequisite GPA of 3.0 for the regular track
- All prerequisites with a C or better
- Application with personal essay
- Official transcripts from all college credits
- Pre-entrance exams (TEAS and Critical Thinking)
- Three letters of recommendation (2 from instructors)
- Completion of HS or equivalent
- Unfortunately, not all applicants who meet the minimums requirements can be invited for an interview due to time constraints
California Board of Registered Nursing report of NCLEX pass rates
- Anatomy & Physiology I & II (with lab) 8 quarter units
- Intro to Organic & Biochemistry (with lab) 8 quarter units
- Basic Medical Microbiology (with lab) 5 quarter units
- English Composition (Full Sequence) 9 quarter units
- Public Speaking 4 quarter units
- General Psychology 4 quarter units
- Lifespan Development 4 quarter units
- Introduction to Sociology 4 quarter units
- College Algebra 4 quarter units
- Nutrition 4 quarter units
- Physical Education 2 activity classes
- Humanities 16 quarter units (At least 3 areas required)
Choose from the following areas for humanities:
- Introduction to Art or Music
- Applied Art or Music
- Foreign Language
The following estimated cost of attendance is based on full-time attendance for the number of months enrolled per academic year. Estimated amounts may vary based on a number of factors. Students may use these estimates when applying for financial aid.
Required Program Costs
Academic Year 2023-2024
|Year of Program
|Tuition & Fees||$40,865||$39,855||$22,400|
Books, Materials, Supplies & Equipment Allowance
(May or may not be purchased through the school)
Other Educational Costs
Non-required costs that can be funded with scholarships/loans.
Notes70-75% of LLU Nursing students receive financial aid
- Estimated amounts are for the academic year specified only. Amounts are based on full-time attendance for the number of months enrolled per academic year. International students need to calculate 12 months of living expenses based on these amounts.
- Amounts are expected to increase each year consistent with inflation in the professional education sector.
- To qualify for financial aid, most students must be enrolled at least half time in an aid eligible program and be taking degree requirements. Half time is 6 units in a quarter for undergraduate programs and 4 units in a quarter for graduate programs.