1. Instill in students the values of honesty, scientific integrity, careful research, and critical, independent thinking.
2. Provide the tools and intellectual environment in which earth scientists can attain their highest potential in scholarship, research, and teaching.
3. Challenge graduate students to consider the relationship between science, faith, and societal responsibility.
|Quarter||Application Open||Priority Deadline||Final Deadline|
|Autumn of 2024||Aug 1, 2023||Jan 1, 2024||May 1, 2024|
|Autumn of 2025||Aug 1, 2024||Jan 1, 2025||May 1, 2025|
- Acceptable undergraduate preparation is a regionally accredited bachelor's degree (or it's equivalent) and must include the expected cognates listed under prerequisites.
- Please submit transcripts from all post-secondary institutions from which you have attended, regardless of whether or not it applies to your prerequisite coursework. This includes all colleges, universities, military credit, Advanced Placement, CLEP, and unaccredited schools. Transcripts must be sent by the issuing institution(s) directly to LLU Admissions Processing. Transcripts provided in any other manner are unofficial and will not be accepted for purposes of admissions.
- Three letters of recommendation. Two of the letters must be from academic instructors; the third letter may come from an employer or pastor.
- All applicants are required to take the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). A subject GRE exam is not required.
- Physical Geology
- Igneous and Metamorphic Petrology
- Structural Geology
- Geological Field Mapping
- Two quarters of college mathematics, including Calculus
- One year each of:
- General Biology
- General Physics
- General Chemistry
The following estimated cost of attendance is based on full-time attendance for the number of months enrolled per academic year. Estimated amounts may vary based on a number of factors. Students may use these estimates when applying for financial aid.
Required Program Costs
Academic Year 2023-2024
|Year of Program
|Tuition & Fees||$18,038|
Books, Materials, Supplies & Equipment Allowance
(May or may not be purchased through the school)
Other Educational Costs
Non-required costs that can be funded with scholarships/loans.
NotesMany students in this program receive financial aid.
- Estimated amounts are for the academic year specified only. Amounts are based on full-time attendance for the number of months enrolled per academic year. International students need to calculate 12 months of living expenses based on these amounts.
- Amounts are expected to increase each year consistent with inflation in the professional education sector.
- To qualify for financial aid, most students must be enrolled at least half time in an aid eligible program and be taking degree requirements. Half time is 6 units in a quarter for undergraduate programs and 4 units in a quarter for graduate programs.