Dietitians work under contract with extended health-care facilities or in their own private practice. Others work for wellness programs, sports teams, or other nutrition-related businesses. Some dietitians engage in research activities to enhance the profession. Increased interest in nutrition has led to opportunities in food manufacturing, advertising, and marketing, among others.
Application Open: Nov. 30, 2023
Final Deadline: Apr. 30, 2024
- Have a bachelor’s degree
- Complete program prerequisites
- Have a 3.0 G.P.A. or above, in both science and non-science prerequisite courses
- Complete an online application
- Provide recommendations
- Complete an interview
- Have a Verification Statement from an ACEND-accredited DPD program
- College Algebra, Pre-Calculus, or Calculus
- Human Anatomy with Lab & Human Physiology with Lab (complete sequence)
- General Chemistry with Lab (one full year)
- Microbiology with Lab
The following estimated cost of attendance is based on full-time attendance for the number of months enrolled per academic year. Estimated amounts may vary based on a number of factors. Students may use these estimates when applying for financial aid.
Required Program Costs
Academic Year 2023-2024
|Year of Program
|Tuition & Fees||$34,530||$35,510|
Books, Materials, Supplies & Equipment Allowance
(May or may not be purchased through the school)
Other Educational Costs
Non-required costs that can be funded with scholarships/loans.
NotesThe cost of attendance varies from year to year. Please contact the office of Student Finance for up-to-date costs.
- Estimated amounts are for the academic year specified only. Amounts are based on full-time attendance for the number of months enrolled per academic year. International students need to calculate 12 months of living expenses based on these amounts.
- Amounts are expected to increase each year consistent with inflation in the professional education sector.
- To qualify for financial aid, most students must be enrolled at least half time in an aid eligible program and be taking degree requirements. Half time is 6 units in a quarter for undergraduate programs and 4 units in a quarter for graduate programs.