4 quarters (12 months)
Public and private schools, hospitals, rehabilitation centers, short-term and long-term nursing care facilities, community clinics, colleges and universities, private practice offices, state and local health departments, state and federal government agencies, home health agencies (home care), adult day care centers, centers for persons with developmental disabilities, research laboratories.
|Quarter||Application Open||Priority Deadline||Final Deadline|
|Winter of 2024||Sep 25, 2023||—||Dec 15, 2023|
|Spring of 2024||Jan 2, 2024||—||Mar 1, 2024|
|Summer of 2024||Mar 25, 2024||—||Jun 1, 2024|
- Master's degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders, Speech-Language Pathology or equivalent
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) from American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Complete the LLU application, including values and personal essays
- Nonrefundable application fee
- Written statement: Essay describing your interests, your professional experience, why you want to pursue the certificate, and why you want to attend LLU
- Provide three letters of recommendation that indicate a strong academic and professional background
- Personal interview
There are no specific prerequisites. Please reference the Admissions Requirements.
Please refer to other program pages in this link.
The following estimated cost of attendance is based on full-time attendance for the number of months enrolled per academic year. Estimated amounts may vary based on a number of factors. Students may use these estimates when applying for financial aid.
Required Program Costs
Academic Year 2023-2024
|Year of Program
|Tuition & Fees||$10,500||$4,000|
Books, Materials, Supplies & Equipment Allowance
(May or may not be purchased through the school)
Other Educational Costs
Non-required costs that can be funded with scholarships/loans.
- Estimated amounts are for the academic year specified only. Amounts are based on full-time attendance for the number of months enrolled per academic year. International students need to calculate 12 months of living expenses based on these amounts.
- Amounts are expected to increase each year consistent with inflation in the professional education sector.
- To qualify for financial aid, most students must be enrolled at least half time in an aid eligible program and be taking degree requirements. Half time is 6 units in a quarter for undergraduate programs and 4 units in a quarter for graduate programs.