The Doctor of Philosophy degree is designed to prepare students for careers in independent research, and teaching in a university, clinical, or biotechnology environment. Doctoral degree students are expected to develop creativity and independence in addition to technical skills.
By the end of the program, the graduate should be able to:
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of the biomedical sciences;
- Demonstrate subject mastery in molecular, cellular, and integrative aspects of microbiology and immunity/inflammation;
- Interpret the current literature in microbiology and immunity/inflammation;
- Make original contributions to the body of biomedical knowledge;
- Exhibit the principles of scientific and professional ethics;
- Demonstrate the process of applying for external funding.
Program LengthFive (5) years; based on full-time enrollment; part time permitted
|Quarter||Application Open||Priority Deadline||Final Deadline|
|Autumn of 2025||Aug 1, 2024||Jan 1, 2025||May 1, 2025|
Integrating faith and health
Loma Linda University educates and encourages a balanced life by living our values of humility, compassion, justice, integrity, excellence, freedom and self- control. You will be surrounded by faculty who are committed to healthcare innovation and research while engaging your spirituality.
Expected costs for the academic year are based on full time attendance. From year to year, increases are anticipated consistent with inflation in the professional education sector.