Interprofessional Continuing Education Events
Interprofessional Education Day
From Pandemic to Purposeful Practice:
Innovating healthcare education and delivery for the future
To register, click here.
The pandemic is changing not only how we deliver healthcare but how we perceive interprofessional practice and Whole Person Care. Adapting to the pandemic has demanded that providers and educators make significant changes in clinical practice including a shift to virtual patient care, otherwise known as telehealth. Moreover, public health requirements for physical distancing and wearing of masks has compelled healthcare providers to become increasingly more creative when addressing community needs. This presentation provides opportunities to discuss the impact of these healthcare adaptations on interprofessional practice and Whole Person Care while providing a collaborative space to share innovations and strategies for improvement in these same arenas.
Overall course objectives
- Describe how the pandemic has transformed national healthcare and the future implications for healthcare entities.
- Examine the benefits and limitations of telehealth in the context of interprofessional patient care.
- Discuss the impact of mandated public health precautions on vulnerable populations within the healthcare delivery system.
- Illustrate how recent healthcare adaptations affect interprofessional communication and teamwork.
- Compare and contrast efficient and effective strategies to promote collaborative Whole Person Care.
- Marti Baum, MD
- J.C. Belliard, PhD, MPH
- Ron Carter, PhD
- Adrian Cotton, MD
- Brian Distelberg, PhD, MA
- Mark Estey, DDS
- Richard Hart, MD
- Anthony Hilliard, MD
- Gloria Huerta, DNP
- Heather Javaherian, OTD
- Jeffrey Kim, MD
- Wonha Kim, MD, MPH
- Todd Martell, MD
- Ricardo Peverini, MD
- Erin Richards, DDS
- Kyle Sousa, PhD
- Randy Stinnett, PsyD
- Kathi Wild, MS, RN, PHN
- April Wilson, MD
Continuing Education Credits:
Upon successful completion, the participant will be awarded 3.5 contact hours of continuing education credit, except for the ASRT. Please see ASRT CE statement below.
- Loma Linda University Medical Center, Staff Development is a designated provider of Category I continuing education contract hours for health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. The NCHEC Multiple Event Provider (MEP) number is 105816. This event will be available for 3.5 (CHES and MCHES) credit hours.
- CPH The Loma Linda University School of Public Health is a pre-approved provider of CPH re-certification credits by the National Board of Public Health Examiners. This event will earn 3.5 re-certification credits.
- Loma Linda University Medical Center, Staff Development is a Continuing Professional Education Accredited Provider with the Commission on Dietetic Registration. Registered dietitians and dietetic technicians registered will receive 3.5 continuing professional education units for completion of this program.
- Loma Linda University Medical Center, Staff Development provider #180 is accredited by the California Accreditation of Pharmacy Education (CAPE) as a recognized provider of continuing pharmacy education. Pharmacists completing this course prior to March 4. 2024 may receive 3.5 credits.
- Loma Linda University Medical Center, Staff Development is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 00239, to offer this course for 3.5 contact hours.
- Loma Linda University Medical Center, Staff Development is recognized as a Continuing Competency Approving Agency by the Physical Therapy Board of California. This program is approved for 3.5 CE credits.
- This course meets the qualifications for 3.5 hours of continuing professional development credit for Speech-Language Pathologists as required by the California Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Board, provider #PDP42.
- Loma Linda University Medical Center Office of Staff Development is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. LLUMC Office of Staff Development maintains responsibility for this program and its contents. This event meets the qualifications for 3.5 hours of continuing education credit for psychologists as required by the American Psychological Association.
- Behavioral Health Professionals reciprocate with APA credit hours.
- Respiratory Care Practitioners reciprocate with BRN provider number 00239 for contact hours.
- Occupational Therapist reciprocate with PDP#42
- Category A CE credit is pending approval by the ASRT
Continuing Dental Education:
This course meets the Dental Board of California’s requirements for four units of continuing education credit.
Continuing Medical Education:
The Loma Linda University School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Loma Linda University School of Medicine designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 3.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This program has been planned and implemented in accordance with ACCME essentials and standards. The Loma Linda University School of Medicine Office of Continuing Medical Education relies on its CME faculty to provide program content that is free of commercial bias. Therefore, in accordance with ACCME standards, any faculty and/or provider industry relationships will be disclosed and resolved.
ACPE CPE Credits
To obtain 4.0 contact hours of ACPE continuing pharmacy education credit (0.4 CEUs), participants must attend the live activities, and logon to the CEimpact website to complete the exam and evaluation. The CPE Statement of Credit may be viewed on CPE Monitor, www.MyCPEMonitor.net.
CEimpact is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
UAN: 0107-9999-21-006-L04-P | 0.4 CEUs/4.0 Hrs.
0107-9999-21-006-L04-T | 0.4 CEUs/4.0 Hrs.
Live Date: March 4th, 2021
Live Expiration: April 3rd, 2021
To register, click here.