This is the application process for programs at Loma Linda University that require third-party applications through centralized application services (CAS). We’ll guide you through each step of the process and what to do after you apply.
First, apply on your CAS website
If you’re applying to one of the following programs, you’ll start by submitting an external application to a CAS. Keep in mind your CAS may have a different application deadline than your program.
It may take some time for the CAS to process your application and send it to LLU. Contact your CAS for your application status.
If your program isn’t on the list below, go back a step and choose the application process that’s right for you.
Doctor of Medicine (MD)
- Use the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS)
Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS)
- Use the Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS)
International Dentist Program, Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS)
Dental Hygiene, BS (DH)
- Use the Dental Hygiene Centralized Application Service (DHCAS)
Pediatric Dentistry, First Professional Cert
Physician Assistant (MPA)
- Use the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA)
Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT)
- For entry-level DPT programs, use the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (PTCAS)
- For post-professional MPT and DPT programs, apply directly to LLU
Entry-Level Doctor of Occupational Therapy (EOTD)
- Use the Occupational Therapist Centralized Application Service (OTCAS)
Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD)
- Use the PharmCAS
School of Public Health programs
- Use the School of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS)
Next, make sure required documents are sent to LLU
Transcripts, test scores, and letters of recommendation are required for all applicants. All required documents must be received by LLU before you may be considered for an acceptance decision.
Transcripts and Test Scores
Transcripts and test scores need to be sent to LLU directly from their issuing organization. Transcripts sent to LLU from a CAS are also considered official. You need to initiate requests to send documents with each organization (LLU can’t request these documents for you). We will need:
- Official transcripts, sent by each school you’ve attended
- Required test scores, sent by each issuing organization
Letters of Recommendation
Depending on your program and CAS, you may or may not submit letters of recommendation during your CAS application. If additional letters of recommendation are required, you’ll be notified in the next step, your LLU Secondary Application.
Finally, complete and submit your LLU Secondary Application
When you submit your application to your program’s CAS, you haven’t fully applied yet. After your CAS processes your application and sends it to LLU, your program will email you a Secondary Application. The Secondary Application is more tailored to LLU and your school than the third-party CAS application.
You have to submit the Secondary Application to complete your application process.
Check your application status often to make sure we’ve received everything. To check on the status of your Secondary Application, log in through the web page link in the Secondary Application invitation email.