3 - 5 years
University professors, positions requiring leadership, scholarship, effective communication, systems thinking and community building, mid-level positions within private and government health care organizations, health-related non-profits
In addition to the entrance requirements for all Dr.P.H. degrees, each applicant to the Dr.P.H. degree program must have:
- M.P.H. degree in health education, health behavior, or health promotion; or a master's degree in a health-related field preferred
- Three to five years of health related work experience
- Transcripts from all universities attended
- Three letters of reference
- Official GRE scores (scores in the 40th percentile and above in each of the three test sections is considered competitive)
- GPA of 3.5 or higher
See entrance requirements for all Dr.P.H. degrees. (http://llucatalog.llu.edu/public-health/doctoral-degrees/#admissionstext). A CEPH-accredited MPH is preferred. Otherwise, for standard DrPH corequisites see: (http://llucatalog.llu.edu/public-health/doctoral-degrees/#drphtext).
The following estimated cost of attendance is based on full-time attendance for the number of months enrolled per academic year. Estimated amounts may vary based on a number of factors. Students may use these estimates when applying for financial aid.
Required Program Costs
Academic Year 2023-2024
|Year of Program
|Tuition & Fees||$29,985||$33,980||$13,980|
Books, Materials, Supplies & Equipment Allowance
(May or may not be purchased through the school)
Other Educational Costs
Non-required costs that can be funded with scholarships/loans.
- Estimated amounts are for the academic year specified only. Amounts are based on full-time attendance for the number of months enrolled per academic year. International students need to calculate 12 months of living expenses based on these amounts.
- Amounts are expected to increase each year consistent with inflation in the professional education sector.
- To qualify for financial aid, most students must be enrolled at least half time in an aid eligible program and be taking degree requirements. Half time is 6 units in a quarter for undergraduate programs and 4 units in a quarter for graduate programs.