Doctor of Social Work (Clinical Leadership)
- Great news for students admitted for the 2024-2025 academic year! You'll receive a $10,000 tuition waiver spread across your program.
- Please see the bottom of this page for information about the cost of attendance.
- All academic courses available fully online. Courses use a combined synchronous and asynchronous format. Externships are completed in person and local to the student as available and with approval of the program.
The online Doctor of Social Work (DSW) degree is an 83-quarter unit, 3-year program designed to meet the needs of post-master's social work professionals desiring to advance their careers in the areas of clinical leadership and practice innovation. Loma Linda University's internationally and nationally recognized faculty will guide experienced and accomplished social work practitioners to become scholar-practitioners, capable of advancing clinical social work practice knowledge and innovation through applied scholarship, leadership, education, and the promotion of social justice in support of whole person care in an increasingly diverse and global practice environment.
3 years (11 quarters)
Clinical leadership; upper administration in large public and community-based non-profit agencies; behavioral health research and evaluation; health care administration.
|Quarter||Application Open||Priority Deadline||Final Deadline|
|Autumn of 2024||Sep 18, 2023||—||Jan 31, 2024|
• An MSW (or equivalent e.g., MSSW) from a program that is accredited by the CSWE.
• A minimum of four years' professional social work experience post receipt of the MSW degree.
• A minimum MSW GPA of 3.3.
• License to practice clinical social work is preferred.
• Structured essay.
• Structured oral interview with program.
• Curriculum vitae.
• Three letters of recommendation (academic and professional).
Please note: The GRE and/or first author publication requirement has been eliminated and is no longer required. This change will be noted in the next catalog update.
An MSW from a CSWE-accredited university and a minimum of four years’ experience post-MSW.
The Council of Social Work Education (CSWE) is presently drafting accreditation policies and standards for DSW programs. LLU faculty are participating in the development of this criteria, and have designed the DSW program at LLU to meet forthcoming accreditation policies and standards for DSW programs.Loma Linda University is regionally accredited by the WSCUC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges [WASC] Senior College and University Commission).
The following estimated cost of attendance is based on full-time attendance for the number of months enrolled per academic year. Estimated amounts may vary based on a number of factors. Students may use these estimates when applying for financial aid.
Required Program Costs
Academic Year 2023-2024
|Year of Program
|Tuition & Fees||$20,217||$28,128||$24,612|
Books, Materials, Supplies & Equipment Allowance
(May or may not be purchased through the school)
Other Educational Costs
Non-required costs that can be funded with scholarships/loans.
NotesNo quarterly enrollment fees for online students.
- Estimated amounts are for the academic year specified only. Amounts are based on full-time attendance for the number of months enrolled per academic year. International students need to calculate 12 months of living expenses based on these amounts.
- Amounts are expected to increase each year consistent with inflation in the professional education sector.
- To qualify for financial aid, most students must be enrolled at least half time in an aid eligible program and be taking degree requirements. Half time is 6 units in a quarter for undergraduate programs and 4 units in a quarter for graduate programs.